Access Funds

Adult Access Fund Pool

The Loft's Access Funds program is accepting applications for 2023-2024.

The Loft's Access Fund Pool model allows you to submit a single online application for adult class and Year-Long Writing Project access. These opportunities are available to individuals on public assistance. Once accepted, available Access Fund seats are emailed out as they become available, about 1-2 times a month. These email alerts will give you access to a list of available classes. If you are interested in any of these classes, you will need to call the Loft Education office at 612-379-8999 to claim your class and be given a promo code (applied during checkout) that will provide a 95% reduction in tuition for a class. The recipient pays the remaining 5% cost, which will vary depending on the regular price of the class. 

Please note: these seats are offered first-come first-served, about a week to two weeks before the respective class starts. Meaning, you'll have to wait for a class that matches your interests and schedule.

Though not required, proof of eligibility enhances your application! To submit proof of eligibility, please include:

1) Your name & address
2) Public assistance program name
3) A recent date 

Then, use your mobile phone's camera, scanner, or good old snail mail to send us your documentation, along with your online application below.

Year-Long Writing Project Access Funds

Please apply to the Loft Access Fund Pool and indicate your interest in being considered for an Access Funds spot in either the Fiction Writing Project (June Cohort) or Children's Literature Writing Project (June Cohort). Answer the short answer questions, provide a short writing sample, and provide any additional eligibility documentation. We'll be in touch with next steps. Recipients will be notified in May or early June about the award. Applications are accepted through May 17.

Youth Access Funds

The Loft is pleased to announce our partnership with the Hearst Foundation to offer access funding to all of our youth writing camps and classes in 2024-2025. Access Funds through Hearst Funds reduce the cost of class tuition by 75%. For more information, and to access the access fund application, please email [email protected].

All Loft youth writing classes can be viewed here for Grades 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12. 
Please contact the Loft’s education department at 612-379-8999 or [email protected] if you have any questions regarding youth access funds.