Call for Teaching Artists: The Witness Project
The Witness Project is a program of community-based writing initiatives with a home-base on Minneapolis’s Northside. Our free generative workshops are designed for creative writers of all experience levels, from absolute beginners to advanced writers. Our community of writers is committed to inclusiveness and support. In 2021, Witness writers are exploring different aspects of the theme history, and we are in search of guest teaching artists to facilitate workshops that address this theme. If you are a literary artist/teaching artist who might be interested in this opportunity, please note the following details and follow the guidelines provided:
- This opportunity is to facilitate a two-hour generative creative writing workshop on Zoom for up to 20 participating writers and to facilitate a 60-90 minute follow-up revision session.
- Possible dates for the dual sessions are: April 3 & 17; May 1 & 15; June 5 & 19; July 10 & 24. Teaching artists must be available to facilitate both sessions in a given month.
- All sessions start at 10:00 AM and end by noon.
- We welcome different styles of teaching and different approaches to the theme, but teaching artists must build in time for participants to write and discuss. We are not looking for lecture-style classes.
- Guest teaching artists will receive a stipend of $250.
- Deadline for applying is March 5, 2021.
- TO APPLY, please send a letter of interest to the Witness Writers Advisory Board at email@example.com.
- Include in your letter, or in an attached 1-2 page resumé, information about your workshop/teaching experience.
- Also please share in a few sentences any thoughts you have about how you might interpret or approach the theme.
- Finally, tell us on which of the four date pairings you would be available to teach.
Please address any questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org