Family Book Club: If You Come to Earth
Reading level: picture book
Synopsis: If you come to Earth, there are a few things you need to know. . .
We live in all kinds of places.
In all kinds of homes.
In all kinds of families.
Each of us is different. But all of us are amazing.
And, together, we share one beautiful planet.
This masterful and moving picture book is a visually comprehensive guide to the earth, imbued with warmth and humor. It was inspired by the thousands of children Sophie Blackall has met during her travels around the world in support of UNICEF and Save the Children.
Categories: humanity, togetherness, sharing, nature
- Where do you live? What kind of home do you live in? Who do you live with?
- What is your favorite way to travel from one place to another? Use the pictures on the travel page and point some out!
- What are some of your favorite things to do? What sorts of things would you like to do when you're a grown up?
- Which animals can fly? Which birds can't fly?
- Go back to the sign language page. How do you spell your name in sign language?
Activity: Write your own letter to an alien! If you had a visitor from outer space, what would you want them to know? You can include pictures, too, and anything else you might want to create.